Book Series You Recommend!

Go down

Book Series You Recommend!

Post  Shinigami on Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:30 pm

So, this is the place to share any books or series that you LOVE and want everyone else to read! I have many and no one will ever read the books I like so I may as well put them here in a list! Wink

So, where to begin...

LEVIATHAN/BEHEMOTH/GOLIATH by Scott Westerfeld- yep, the same guy who wrote Uglies and Midnighters, this guy is the most amazing writer EVER. This series focuses on a Steampunk era, where the son of Archduke Franz Ferdinand and a young girl pretending to be a boy joins the airforce AND IS MY FAVOURITE SERIES OF ALL TIME. Yes, it's that good. Just check out the flying whales, message lizards, thylacines, stormwalkers, assasinations, betrayals, lies, awesome moustaches and the great granddaughter of Charles Darwin and you will see this underated series for the book it really is!

THE LOOKING GLASS WARS SERIES by Frank Beddor- Another underated series- Frank Beddor re-writes the Alice in Wonderland books to form a dark and twisted series. Set under the idea that Alice was in fact the heir to the throne of Wonderland but was lost in our world as Alice Liddell when her aunt Redd stole the throne, it focuses on a magical love story and the struggle against White and Black imagination! The Mad Hatter character is so badass and sexy, it's unbelievable, with a hat that turns into blades and some serious kung-fu moves! READ IT!!!

Ok, I think that's it for now! Very Happy
Shinigami
Three Star Meister
Three Star Meister

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/SacfiMoon?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Re: Book Series You Recommend!

Post  Tsubaki on Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:08 pm

Umm...ok...I like a lot of book series xD Well, here I go...

• GONE/HUNGER/LIES/PLAGUE/FEAR/LIGHT by Michael Grant
    Ok, so it's quite a popular book series about kids who live in a seaside town called Perdido Beach which gets trapped in a 'dome' (like the Simpsons movie xD) by an evil presence called the Gaiaphage and it's about their survival, how some go mad and how one by one, they all seem to die. Happy right? xD But really, it's an amazing series- check out Gaiaphage.com which is the fan website!

• WICKED LOVELY SERIES by Melissa Marr
    Something completely different- this is about a town in which fairies live in secret. It's a series of a king trying to find his long lost queen, forbidden romance between fairie courts and the struggle for power between Summer, Winter, Darkness and War. It made sound really bad to some people but really, it's amazing!

• THE LUXE SERIES by Anna Godberson
    Again, nothing like the other two. This is a series set around 1900 and is a romance story of the upper and lower class citizens of New York. It involves grand parties, eloping, betrayal and questions class seperation. I'm really not very good as describing things like this but who cares- it's a great series xD

• THE HUNGER GAMES by Suzanne Collins
    I don't really need to tell people about this one but I will anyway xD It's the story of Katniss Everdeen who lives in Disrict 12 of Panem, whom each year hold a fight to the death called the Hunger Games. When her sister is chosen, she volunteers and, along with baker's son Peeta Mellark, has to fight to survive. Yeah, so it's an amazing series and the film is coming on next month!! Very Happy -squeals-

• THE CASTER CHRONICLES by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
    This is a supernatural love story between a teenage boy called Ethan and a strange girl named Lena, who turns out to be a being called a Caster and has various gifts and powers. On her sixteeth birthday, she is to choose whether to become 'Light' or 'Dark'...the catch? Whichever one she chooses, the members of her family that are the other option will die. It's a great series which they're making a movie of (I think Viola Davies from The Help has been cast in it?) and has an amazing romance story to it.

• THE INGO SERIES by Helen Dunmore
    One word. Mermaids. Don't judge me, these books are incredible. Seriously, when I was ill years ago, Ingo was the only thing that made me feel better xD When Sapphire and Connor's father go missing, she befriends strange beings called Faro and Elvira, who turn out to be mermaids. Together they go on various exciting adventures (I'm really not describing this very well but it's really good Very Happy)

• HARRY POTTER by J.K Rowling
    Need I say more? xD

• BEAUTIFUL DEAD SERIES by Eden Maguire
    When Davina's boyfriend Phoenix is murdered, she thought she'd seen the last of him. He is the fourth teen to be have died within a year in her town. So when she discovers that he, along with the other dead students Jonas, Arizona and Summer have come back to the world as the 'Beautiful Dead', she realises they didn't die by accident. They were murdered. -cue dramatic music- It's a great mystery/romance series that I couldn't put down! Very Happy

• SKULDUGGERY PLEASANT by Derek Landy
    Stephanie Edgeley's uncle dies and, when a strange man who keeps his face in the shadow's attends his funeral, she knows that something is up. She discovers that he is Skulduggery Pleasant, a skeleton detective and together they solve mysterys, learn magic and save the Earth from darkness. A great, action packed series with amazing characters! Very Happy

• TWILIGHT by Stephanie Meyer
    ...don't judge me ok? xD I like this series...I just don't like Bella! xD

Well, that's all I'm doing for now xD Enjoy xD
Tsubaki
Four Star Meister
Four Star Meister

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/SacfiMoon?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  Soul~of~Crows on Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:45 pm

O_o omg thats a lot haha well I liikkke:
THE HOUSE OF NIGHT SERIES-by p.c. cast Its about vampires but like..there more sexy than usual vamps haha Razz its so good i am addicted
Soul~of~Crows
Three Star Meister
Three Star Meister

View user profile http://purikurastar.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  M.Albarn on Wed May 30, 2012 8:14 am

I love...
Hunger Games (obivous one)
Harry Potter (another obvious one)
The Charlie Bone Series is really good.
I also love Vampire Academy series by Rachelle Meed (I think that's her name)
Halo series is great (Only the first book is called Halo, I forget what the other ones are called) It's about a group of angels who come to Earth, and one of them falls in love with a human. It's a lot better than it might sound XD
Deltora Quest is a really good series for the really heavy sort of fantasy lovers.
And Wicked! by Paul Jennings and Morris Gleitzman. This series is really old and there's next to no information about it on the internet, but it's still great Smile
And the last one:
Sweep by Cate Tierman. This one's about Wicca (Witchcraft, as in the religion). It's an amazing series that my friend got me into XD
I swear, whenever I come onto this site I never actualy end up talking about Soul Eater...

M.Albarn
Unpartnered
Unpartnered

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kenrioku on Wed May 30, 2012 3:23 pm

The lost years of Merlin series by T.A barron.

IT is really good
kenrioku
Two Star Meister
Two Star Meister

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Soul~of~Crows on Wed May 30, 2012 4:08 pm

Oh also the mephisto covenant is ABSOLUTLEY AWESOME
Soul~of~Crows
Three Star Meister
Three Star Meister

View user profile http://purikurastar.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Black★Star on Wed May 30, 2012 4:34 pm

If you like anime [which you all obviously like] Read the 'Chronicles of Nick' the first book is called Infinity, the second, Invincible, the third, Infamous. It has everything, from greek gods, to demons, to angels, to demigods, to vampires, shifters (were animals) zombies, school life, EVERYTHING!!!!! Its my favorite (and not so famous) series.
Black★Star
Two Star Meister
Two Star Meister

View user profile http://www.quotev.com/25497520

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down