Once Upon a Dream (A Frickles Story)- Chapter 3 out now!

Go down

Once Upon a Dream (A Frickles Story)- Chapter 3 out now!

Post  Tsubaki on Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:36 pm

Ok, so in the RPG, I wrote a dream that Prickles had where he and Freddy were getting married. So I made it longer and now it's a short story! Enjoy! Very Happy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter One: The Wedding
Spoiler:
Bells. All he could hear were bells. The excited chatter of friends and family had long disappeared amidst the loud ringing that echoed in his ears. His heart was beating quickly but this was a pleasant, warm feeling. One that send waves of excitement through his body. For this was the day Prickles would get his heart’s desire.
"Quickly now!" he heard his mother's voice as she tended to taffeta and silk, "We're already late enough as it is!"
"The bride is always late," Prickles said with a smile and a laugh. His mother didn’t have anything to worry about. Freddy would understand. It was, after all, a tradition and plus, Freddy was used to Prickles being completely useless at everything- even time keeping.
His mother laughed too, which seemed to relax her slightly.
"Yes well, what a beautiful bride you make, Prickles. I'm so proud of you.” she approached him and stroked his cheek with her human hand. She fluffed up his hair and slipped in a tiara with a net veil attached. She pulled it over her son’s face and smiled again. “I love you darling."
"I love you too Mum." he replied and wrapped his arms around her. He was no longer a coward. No longer afraid. Freddy had helped him with that and he was eternally grateful. He owed his life to Freddy. A tear of joy escaped from his eye and he pulled back from his mother.
“Don’t cry, sweetheart,” his mother said, dabbing his eye with a tissue, “You’ll make your eyes go red. And you want to look your best for Freddy, don’t you?”
Prickles nodded. His hands were trembling. What was about to happen had just become very real.
“I can’t believe this is happening. It’s so surreal.”
“I’m so happy for you.” his mother began to collect up her clutch bag, popping a small emergency sewing kit into it before snapping it shut. She turned to face him. “My little baby...all grown up.”
Both beamed at each other and Prickles took his mother’s hand.
“I’m ready.”
And suddenly, they were off. Prickles, hitching up his large hoop skirt climbed into the back of a sleek, graceful ancient car, which whisked away as quick as a flash. Prickles fiddled with his bouquet nervously- he could feel his tiara slipping off with every bump in the road so he held it in place. I’ll help to steady my hands, he thought. They pulled up ten minutes later outside a grand building, with tall marble pillars decorated in violet ribbons and vines. This is where the ceremony was to be held.
The vehicle came to a stop and Lemon and Amaya, each dressed in a short purple dress, helped him and his white dress, embroidered with lace and lilac diamonds out of the car. Purple. The very colour brought a smile to Prickles' face.
He heard the crunch of the pebbles beneath his feet as his shoes touched the floor.
“You look gorgeous.” Lemon sighed dreamily, “Congratulations Prickles.”
“Thank you Lemon. And thank you Amaya. I’m so glad you’re both here- I’m so grateful for having two of my best friends by my side.”
His gaze turned towards the doors. He was in there. Just metres away. Waiting to marry him. Nothing had ever seemed so amazing. Slowly, he stepped towards the door, one foot in front of the other and waited for his cue. Orangina appeared and gave them all the thumbs up.
The moment the organ music began and the oak doors were opened, Prickles searched for him. And there he was. Dressed head to toe in a purple tuxedo stood Freddy, grinning widely at his fiancé. Prickles had dreamed of this moment for a long time and here it was. Humberto in his purple sombrero and poncho waved from the pews, Gin sat beside him. Cryos, Jesse and Zero stood behind Freddy in slick black suits with mauve flowers pinned onto their jackets. All his friends and family were there. There to watch his dream come true.
He walked down the aisle at a slow pace and eventually came face to face with the one he loved. Freddy mouthed ‘hey’ at him and blew Prickles a small kiss. Prickles returned the gesture.
The ceremony was short and simple, but perfect.
“Do you, Freddy Ayers, take Pricklepants the Kid to be your lawfully wedded husband?”
“And do you, Pricklepants the Kid, take Freddy Ayers to be your lawfully wedded husband?”
Prickles looked into the eyes of his one true love as they exchanged rings, messages of love engraved on them.
"I do."
Freddy smiled the biggest grin Prickles had ever seen. Years ago, it seemed Freddy would never smile. But that had changed. Everything had changed.
"I do."
Both of them leaned in, fingers entwined and pressed their lips together gently. As Prickles and Freddy kissed beneath a garland of purple roses, Prickles never wanted the moment to end.

Chapter 2: Off to the Stars
Spoiler:
The reception only lasted a few hours. Their first dance was a slow waltz, set to a delicate tune that made Prickles feel like flying. He managed to step on Freddy’s feet a few times but Freddy just laughed it off- nothing could ruin the ecstatic mood they were in. As the melody built, Freddy took Prickles’ paw and span him round, his skirt fanned out in a wide circle. Prickles laughed and Freddy placed his strong hands on his waist and lifted him up into the air. The dance ended with the newlyweds embracing.
The couple left the reception in the early hours of the morning. Everyone waved them off- Prickles couldn’t stop grinning as he and Freddy made their way through the crowd of people, hand in hand. Orangina was waiting by a shiny silver car with two large suitcases, Lemon and Cryos by her side. Hugs, kisses and handshakes were exchanged. Prickles span round to face the crowd, clutching his bunch of flowers.
“Throw it!” Zero yelled.
Turning his back to them, he closed his eyes and launched the bouquet into the sky. It tumbled down through the group of guests and disappeared. There was a moment of silence. Just my luck that no one catches it, Prickles thought. But just then, a large hat appeared from in the crowd, as Humberto pushed his way through.
“I caught it!” he cried happily, Ross and Chuck the Girl grasped tightly on the flowers.
Everyone applauded and the clapping continued as they waved farewell again and got into the car. Then they were alone at last.
“You ok?” Freddy said, as they pulled away.
“Yeah,” Prickles said, “But I feel like I’m in a dream. Like I’ll wake up and this would have never happened.”
Freddy laughed- the reception party had disappeared and now it was just them and the long winding road ahead.
“Well it’s happened, Prickles.” he took his hand off the steering wheel and stroked Prickles’ cheek, “And I’m really glad it did.”
Freddy pulled the brakes as the traffic jam into the airport loomed in front of them. They used the moments rest to kiss each other once more- passionate and eager for the night ahead.
The sign above their heads read ‘Death City Airport’ although it was not to the main part of the airport they were going. Prickles had arranged for a small shuttle to take them to his parents’ walrus spaceship; there they could be alone for a week or two and there was plenty to do and see. It was almost like a mini city up there.
Once they were at the shuttle bay, they were greeted warmly by a man and two women who called themselves the ‘Honeymoon Welcome Committee’. All three looked very tired, which Prickles felt was understandable, considering the time of day. However, they all smiled and shook the two by the hand.
The airport was quite busy- a tidal wave of passengers flooded in from the arrivals section in the main body of the airport. Prickles spotted a person dressed as Shinigami-sama with a plastic death scythe greeting and Shinigami chopping the children who came through the door; Prickles nudged Freddy and pointed and together they quietly laughed. Lord Death himself had not been able to attend their wedding, although he had sent them a mountain of presents. It had been a long time since two of his students had gotten married.
The Honeymoon Welcome Committee took them through a side door. Freddy and Prickles held hand as they wandered down the long passage way that would take them to the shuttle bay.
“So what’s it like on this spaceship then?” Freddy asked, curious.
Prickles laughed.
“Well, it’s shaped like a walrus. There’s everything you could possibly imagine on board. Let’s just say you’ll never be stuck for things to do.” Prickles winked at his husband, “And you should see the view.”
The man from the Committee pressed a button and a door opened. There, a smartly dressed hostess waited.
“Good morning sirs,” she said kindly, “Welcome to your flight. I’m Madeline and I’ll be your hostess during this flight. If there’s anything I can get you, feel free to ask.”
“Thanks.” Freddy mumbled- he may have grown to like Prickles but annoying friendly people still got on his nerves.
Walking through the brightly lit cabin, they took their seats. Prickles and Freddy were each presented with a glass of champagne and then they were alone once more. The floor beneath them vibrated and they watched out the window as the lights that were Death City grew smaller and faded into the night. Prickles turned to Freddy and raised his glass slightly.
“To us.”
Freddy smiled and raised his too.
“To us.”
Knocking their glasses together, the couple drank as they flew to their vacation in the stars.

Chapter 3: The Honeymoon (ummm...if you're young and innocent, best not to read the first part of this...it's not graphic or anything but still xD)
Spoiler:
It was mid afternoon, or it was back on Earth, when they reached the spaceship. The crew bid them a cheery goodbye as the newlyweds descended onto the landing bay. Freddy rolled his eyes at the crew and poked his finger into Prickles’ back, trying to get him to move quicker so they could be alone. Prickles waved as the shuttle flew away; Freddy stood with his arms folded.
As soon as they were alone, Prickles felt himself being lifted into the air- swept off his feet. He felt Freddy’s warm, strong arms wrap around him and he wrapped his arms around Freddy’s neck, giggling like a little child. Entwined with his lover, Freddy wandered through the high ceilinged corridors of the spaceship. Prickles did not know where Freddy was taking him and it was clear Freddy did not know where he was going. But he remained silent. Let fate take them where it wanted them to go.
“It’s nice here.” Freddy said as they made their way down a passageway with many doors. Each one had different engravings on it, showing what was behind it. The ceilings were made of sturdy metal.
“Pick a door…any door.” Prickles murmured and smiled. Freddy stopped in the corridor and pretended to think about it as if he knew what was behind them.
“Hmmmm…” a smirk appeared on his lips, “I choose…this one!”
Freddy walked three paces and then turned sharply to the left. He walked over and kicked the door open- the loud thud made Prickles feel slightly guilty (as this was his parents’ house) but he didn’t care. All that mattered was that he was here with Freddy.
He felt himself being laid down on something soft. He heard the zip of his dress being undone as a pair of soft lips pressed against his. He had no idea where he was; the only sound was that of the two of them breathing. Quickly, he undid the buttons on Freddy’s shirt, still passionately kissing.
The gentle noise went on for about an hour before the spaceship fell silent once more.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prickles awoke to the loud sound of snoring. He felt sensitive, numb, sore. But amazing at the same time. He’d never been so happy.
The fake lighting told him it was ‘day time’- perhaps early morning. They’d slept an entire day. He sat up and rubbed his eyes. They felt bleary and his vision wasn’t clear. Prickles yawned and, as sleepy tears dripped out from under his eyelids, he saw that he was in a bedroom; simply decorated with cream and blue colours. It brought a smile to his face. It was the room in which he was born.
A shadow moved out of the corner of his eye. Freddy had also sat up, the light shining off his toned muscles.
“Good morning.” Prickles said smiling. Freddy smiled back.
“Morning.”
“You couldn’t have picked a better spot,” Prickles said mysteriously. Freddy looked at him, confused. Prickles reached across the bedside table and flicked a switch. He leaned into Freddy as the ceiling parted, leaving them lying on their backs looking at the stars. They lay there in silence for a few minutes.
“I was born in this room.” Prickles said.
Freddy looked at him.
“Really?”
Prickles nodded and continued staring into space.
“Maybe our children will grow up here too.”
“Woah!” Freddy said, almost jumping out of bed, “Slow down Prickles! One step at a time!”
“I know,” Prickles laughed, “I’m just imagining our future.”
“Well,” Freddy leaned over and kissed Prickles. He stared him, grinning. “I want a few years alone together first before small purple haired hedgehogs start keeping us up at night.”
They spent the morning in bed, huddled together, talking and laughing. It was nearly midday when Prickles said,
“So you up for waffles? I make amazing waffles…. although I don’t think my waffles can be compared against Humberto’s.”
“Can we not mention that nose wiping freak just right now?” Freddy said, slightly grumpily and irritated from the mention of Humberto’s name.
Prickles sighed. Freddy may tolerate his friends when they were around but alone, it was a different story.
“Ok,” he gave in, “But they are my friends.”
Freddy stroked Prickles cheek.
“I know. And waffles sound great.” he winked.
Leaning over, Prickles flicked the switch back and, as the ceiling began to close again, they held hands as they headed towards the kitchen.

Last edited by Tsubaki on Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
Tsubaki
Four Star Meister
Four Star Meister

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/SacfiMoon?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Re: Once Upon a Dream (A Frickles Story)- Chapter 3 out now!

Post  KuraVix on Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:48 pm

PURPLE! SO MUCH PURPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

naaaaw this is so cute >.<
great job Very Happy

btw I will be drawing this eventually!
KuraVix
Four Star Meister
Four Star Meister

View user profile http://kuravix.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinigami on Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:21 pm

AAAAAWWWWWWW THEY ARE THE SWEETEST THING EVER!!!! <3

FreddyXPrickles forever!!!!
Shinigami
Three Star Meister
Three Star Meister

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsubaki on Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:06 pm

Thank you! Very Happy

I'm wondering whether I should continue with this...write about their honeymoon and future and stuff...but would it just turn into a yaoi? xD I don't particularly want to write a yaoi...

/picturingmyparentsfaces xD
Tsubaki
Four Star Meister
Four Star Meister

Back to top Go down

Post  KuraVix on Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:17 pm

lmao you know that yaoi is when they have you know what
you can make it Shonen-ai where it's about the romance, that rarely has sexual themes

would they have kids?? XD 030
KuraVix
Four Star Meister
Four Star Meister

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsubaki on Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:19 pm

blackbloodedwolf wrote:lmao you know that yaoi is when they have you know what
you can make it Shonen-ai where it's about the romance, that rarely has sexual themes

I know about yaoi xD I'll probably make it Shonen-ai. Smile

YES THEY SHOULD! PURPLE HEDGEHOG CHILDREN Very Happy
Tsubaki
Four Star Meister
Four Star Meister

Back to top Go down

Post  KuraVix on Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:25 pm

Tsubaki wrote:

that's good, if Freddy and Prickles were in a yaoi.... *shudders*

OMG PURPLE HEDGEHOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

also I have a question, if Prickles has paws, how did he twine fingers with Freddy???
KuraVix
Four Star Meister
Four Star Meister

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsubaki on Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:39 pm

blackbloodedwolf wrote:
Tsubaki wrote:

that's good, if Freddy and Prickles were in a yaoi.... *shudders*

OMG PURPLE HEDGEHOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

also I have a question, if Prickles has paws, how did he twine fingers with Freddy???

*shudders*

...hmmm...didn't think of that. Freddy...uh...wrapped his fingers around Prickles' paws xD
Tsubaki
Four Star Meister
Four Star Meister

Back to top Go down

Post  Soul~of~Crows on Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:07 pm

Omg that was the best thing I have ever read!!!!!!!!!!! Omg best....pairing....ever
Soul~of~Crows
Three Star Meister
Three Star Meister

View user profile http://purikurastar.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsubaki on Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:23 pm

Thank you everyone for all your wonderful comments! I added Chapter 2!! Very Happy There's less purple in this one xD

I'm not sure where I'm going with it...they may end up having children and living happily ever after...yeah I'll probably do that xD
Tsubaki
Four Star Meister
Four Star Meister

Back to top Go down

Post  KuraVix on Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:30 pm

"There's less purple in this one" NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Sad

Freddy dancing? CANNOT UNSEE O___o
YAAAAAAY HUMBERTO CAUGHT IT! well, Ross and Chuck the girl

naaaw it's so sweet, looking forward to Freddy being on a spaceship!

shame Freddy isn't gay XD
KuraVix
Four Star Meister
Four Star Meister

Back to top Go down

Post  Pride Homunculus on Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:56 am

wow i love that...and i just read it!!! that is truly amzaing!!!
Pride Homunculus
Three Star Meister
Three Star Meister

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lemon on Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:09 am

That is so cute :3 Lemon's a bridesmaid! And Humberto caught the flowers!! Very Happy

But.
Lucy.
VACATION?!?!?!
-.-
Lemon
Two Star Meister
Two Star Meister

Location : A parallel universe where my friends aren't the kind of people who pull my sleeve and wear walrus costumes to the prom.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pride Homunculus on Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:11 am

i liked that it was sweet
Pride Homunculus
Three Star Meister
Three Star Meister

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KuraVix on Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:11 am

Lemon wrote:That is so cute :3 Lemon's a bridesmaid! And Humberto caught the flowers!! Very Happy

But.
Lucy.
VACATION?!?!?!
-.-

oh no, Lucy you've angered the Stef!
KuraVix
Four Star Meister
Four Star Meister

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsubaki on Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:12 am

Lemon wrote:That is so cute :3 Lemon's a bridesmaid! And Humberto caught the flowers!! Very Happy

But.
Lucy.
VACATION?!?!?!
-.-

-_-

I HAVE AN EXCUSE!!! DEATH CITY IS IN NEVADA SO THEY WOULD SAY VACATION!!! Very Happy

And thank you everyone so much for your wonderful comments! I'll get round to writing the next bit eventually xD
Tsubaki
Four Star Meister
Four Star Meister

Back to top Go down

Post  Pride Homunculus on Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:13 am

i would love to read it when u post it!
Pride Homunculus
Three Star Meister
Three Star Meister

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsubaki on Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:32 pm

Chapter 3 is out now!!! Very Happy I hope you enjoy it!
Tsubaki
Four Star Meister
Four Star Meister

Back to top Go down

Post  KuraVix on Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:15 pm

o_O I've read more graphic things than this but... Prickles just seems to innocent XD

Prickles, you have dirty dreams :3
KuraVix
Four Star Meister
Four Star Meister

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsubaki on Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:33 pm

blackbloodedwolf wrote:o_O I've read more graphic things than this but... Prickles just seems to innocent XD

Prickles, you have dirty dreams :3

And long dreams as well xD My dreams never last this long xD

So for the next chapter I'm thinking waffles...won't quite go into baby purple hedgehogs yet xD

It's just dawned on me that I don't know when this story will end o_O
Tsubaki
Four Star Meister
Four Star Meister

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinigami on Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:35 pm

...This is completely off topic but you wrote 'I'm thinking waffles'...and all I could think of was Donkey in Shrek! <3
Shinigami
Three Star Meister
Three Star Meister

Back to top Go down

Post  KuraVix on Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:49 pm

Shinigami wrote:...This is completely off topic but you wrote 'I'm thinking waffles'...and all I could think of was Donkey in Shrek! <3

BABY PURPLE HEDGEHOGS! WANT 0_0
KuraVix
Four Star Meister
Four Star Meister

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down