DWMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Promise (SoulxMaka one-shot)

5 posters

Go down

My Promise (SoulxMaka one-shot) Empty My Promise (SoulxMaka one-shot)

Post  KuraVix Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:05 am

I've had this idea in my head for a while. I don't normally get ideas for Soul Eater fanfics and I don't write them. I liked the idea so I managed to start writing it. This the first fanfic I've showed to anyone. Let me know what you think, I can take criticism Smile

*finally managed the fix the text after 5 attempts o___O*

My Promise

Soul slipped from Maka’s hands as they were sent flying backwards. He clattered onto the floor a few feet away. He watched horrifically as she rolled across the floor whilst crying in pain.
“Maka!” he cried, but got no response.
The clambering beast stomped towards her. Its old and broken teeth pulled a sickening grin. Its eyes hungry towards the Meister, who feebly tried to force herself up. The beast chuckled like a child, only with a deep voice.
It lifted one of its colossal feet. Before Soul could act, it collided with his Meister sending her soaring through the air once more.
To shock, Soul couldn’t move. He stayed frozen in his weapon form. The pupil on his scythe eye shrunk to the size of a bead. She screech in pain as her body hit against a brick wall. The hammer handed beast chuckled once more in excitement as it stomped clumsily towards her.
“Maka,get up” Soul managed to speak, but it was barely a whisper. He trembled with fear as he faintly saw her within the beasts shadow.
The beast raised its fat arm with the massive hammer on the end. One strike from that unprotected would mean only one thing. Instant death.
“MAKA!” Soul screamed. He finally managed to regain control and transform back into his human form. He bolted towards the beast, turning his left arm into his scythe.
The hammer hand lowered rapidly. Maka eyes shook with fear, she was trapped. There was no way for her to escape with her injuries.
The hand went closer and closer and Soul still ran.
The hammer collided with the target. The bricks splattered with blood as they tumbled down.
“MAKAAAAAAA” Soul screamed. He had not made in time. He froze as he saw a delicate, lifeless hand fall within the rubble.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soul yelled out and thrashed in the bed. His head rolled around wildly, his eyes darting around the room.
“Soul! It’s okay, you’re safe. I’m here” said Maka reassuringly. She had one hand on his shoulder and the other held down his arm, holding it by the wrist.
Soul relaxed almost instantly. “Maka” he breathed. “You’re okay!”
She smiled, “Of course I am, thanks to you.”
The curtain whizzed open and the nurse, Mira Nygus appeared. “What happened!? Is he alright?” she asked, her words fast and concerned.
“I’m fine” Soul replied. “I just had a bad dream.”
Mira relaxed slightly. “That's okay then. I'll check up on you in a minute.” She closed the curtain around the bed, leaving the two alone.
Soul looked at Maka. She smiled again and blushed slightly. She looked unharmed, aside the small plaster on her cheek.
“How are you feeling?” he asked her. “You're not hurt are you?”
She frowned and looked away slightly. “Don't worry about me. I'm not the one sat in the infirmary bed” she said harshly, but it didn't sound like she was saying it directly to Soul.
Soul held onto her hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. “Do you remember what I promised you?” Maka looked at him again. “You're my meister. I have to protect you. I would sacrifice myself before anyone could ever hurt you. Remember that.”
Her eyes filled with guilt and sadness as she looked down. “You shouldn't have to do that” she whispered.
“It's not cool to break promises” he grinned. “I'll protect you till the end.”
Maka blushed again, looking at her hand he was holding. She brought up her other one. Both her hands wrapped around his and twined within his fingers.
“I'd promise to protect you too, but I've failed so many times that I'll only break it.” She looked at the bandage wrapped around her partners head. She bit her lip to prevent crying. She remembered her being frozen against the brick wall. Helpless against the monster before her. Her eyes closed, waiting for the impact. It never came, but a high pitch screech. Her eyes opened and Soul was in front of her, his blade stopping the hammer. Because of her foolishness, Soul had been injured in her place. He only managed to survive since his blade decreased the force the of the attack. It was her fault he was injured.
“Hey, we were just unlucky this time. Don't worry about it” Soul said, still grinning. His smile soothed Maka. He was smiling, even though they both could've died. She wished she was like him. Being so strong, able to protect their partner, keeping their cool.
Her eyes began to water. “Yeah” she replied. He squeezed her hand again, still grinning like a fool.
The curtain swung open again, Mira appearing once more holding a clipboard. “Class is about to begin, Maka” she said. “You should get going.”
“Can't I stay here a little bit longer?” Maka whined in response.
“You can visit him at the end of the lesson. Now get going. Sid-sensai won't be happy you're absent from class and I'm sure you're friends will want to know how he's doing.”
“Yeah” she said reluctantly. She released his hand and stood. “I'll see you later. I'll bring the others as well.”
He nodded and she left the infirmary. As she shut the door, she leaned back against it.
This is all my fault. I could've prevented this she thought shamefully. She wiped the tears from her eyes. I may not be able to protect you, Soul, but there is something I can promise. I will get stronger. I'll get stronger with you. Maybe someday... I can make that promise. I'll protect you.
She set of for class, smiling.

Last edited by blackbloodedwolf on Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:07 am; edited 4 times in total
KuraVix
KuraVix
Four Star Meister
Four Star Meister

http://kuravix.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

My Promise (SoulxMaka one-shot) Empty Re: My Promise (SoulxMaka one-shot)

Post  Shinigami Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:11 am

AAAAAAAWWWWWWW THAT WAS SO SWEET! You are such a good writer! My favourite line was 'It's not cool to break promises'- that was just SOOOOO Soul!
Shinigami
Shinigami
Three Star Meister
Three Star Meister

https://www.youtube.com/user/SacfiMoon?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsubaki Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:14 am

Awww...that was amazing!!! I loved the whole concept of it and I really think you captured their personalities!!! I loved it!!! <333

One thing I would say...you spelt Sid 'Side'. xD But that's it! I couldn't fault it!
Tsubaki
Tsubaki
Four Star Meister
Four Star Meister

Back to top Go down

Post  Pride Homunculus Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:31 am

wow that was ttuly....well i cant explain it in words
Pride Homunculus
Pride Homunculus
Three Star Meister
Three Star Meister

Back to top Go down

Post  KuraVix Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:32 am

naaaw thank you all <3
I had to have Soul saying 'cool', I just had to! XD
Fixed 'Sid', I didn't notice that
thanks again ;_;
KuraVix
KuraVix
Four Star Meister
Four Star Meister

Back to top Go down

Post  Pride Homunculus Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:34 am

i knew what u meant but wow...i dont think i have read any fanfic as grest as that!
Pride Homunculus
Pride Homunculus
Three Star Meister
Three Star Meister

Back to top Go down

Post  KuraVix Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:16 am

Death the Kid Soul wrote:i knew what u meant but wow...i dont think i have read any fanfic as grest as that!

really? ;A; thank you so much
KuraVix
KuraVix
Four Star Meister
Four Star Meister

Back to top Go down

Post  Pride Homunculus Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:18 am

im not kidding i am o im love with it u did a great job!
Pride Homunculus
Pride Homunculus
Three Star Meister
Three Star Meister

Back to top Go down

Post  KuraVix Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:10 am

Question, is everyone up to date with the manga or don't mind spoilers? Because I was thinking of writing a fic around Kid and Shinigami which will contain some spoilers. I just want to know if there's any point writing a fic that some people may not read.
KuraVix
KuraVix
Four Star Meister
Four Star Meister

Back to top Go down

Post  Pride Homunculus Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:12 am

im not but im ok i dont mind
Pride Homunculus
Pride Homunculus
Three Star Meister
Three Star Meister

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsubaki Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:17 am

blackbloodedwolf wrote:Question, is everyone up to date with the manga or don't mind spoilers? Because I was thinking of writing a fic around Kid and Shinigami which will contain some spoilers. I just want to know if there's any point writing a fic that some people may not read.

I'm not but I love spoilers so...write away xD And I know what's going to happen with them anyway Smile
Tsubaki
Tsubaki
Four Star Meister
Four Star Meister

Back to top Go down

Post  Pride Homunculus Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:25 am

^ im the same!
Pride Homunculus
Pride Homunculus
Three Star Meister
Three Star Meister

Back to top Go down

Post  ILuvSoul Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:05 pm

Omigosh your an amazing writer and that was so sad yet I was so relieved that the first part was just a dream.
ILuvSoul
ILuvSoul
Unpartnered
Unpartnered

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum